This is going to be a little different because this is a review after rewatching the anime series. Also this one was at number 11 on my Top Anime list so let’s get into why it isn’t in that spot anymore.
- The ending made me cry again
- The first episode made me laugh (“Thank you for being so delicious!”) and cry then the second episode made me laugh again
- Age and Dhianeila as a pair, fighting for humanity
- Phaetho O helping to rebuild the Argonaut after trying to murder the crew multiple times. He has a lot of attitude and it’s funny to watch.
- Mehitak eating metal because his people don’t eat living things.
- Iolaous teleporting Dhianeila down to her meeting with Prome O, it had a lot of meaning
- Yuty being forced to acknowledge her feelings for Karkinos, she did a lot of character developing over this series
The less good
- There was a lot that seemed to be unnecessarily complicated about the Golden Tribe leaving, what Age’s Twelve Labors are and what they mean. Also the Labors of the other Nodos.
- There was a lot of metaphysical and philosophical whatnot and build-up that bogged things down a little in the end. And a lot of it seemed irrelevant.
- The plot complexity and variation seemed to end after the first few episodes.
- The stuff with Iolaous and Anesha really got on my nerves this time around. She was really passive aggressive. I normally like angst but I wasn’t into this.
- The battles between the Nodos were sometimes hard to connect with because there wasn’t variation in expression or dialogue.
- The animation isn’t horrible but it isn’t the best
- I did question the butt and nostril shots regularly.
- Dhianeila cries a lot
Overall mostly this got bumped from its spot because I wouldn’t rewatch it again. I’m glad I did because I gained a lot of insight that I didn’t have the first time around. (Also my brother and I binge-watched it when we first saw it so we didn’t take the time, back then, to absorb everything.) I will always have a fondness for this one but I don’t think I can recommend it.