I had to give this one three episodes to come to a decision about whether or not I would continue to watch it. So glad I did because I ended up really liking this.
- Akko wasn’t suddenly good at everything, most of the time she wasn’t good at anything
- Diana was really good at everything but you saw her working really hard to do it.
- Friendship is a major theme
- Akko, Diana, Sucy, Lotte, and Andrew
The less good
- Average music
- The villain got off way too easy
- Shiny Rod was way too much of Deus Ex Machina
- Sucy and Lotte were dropped a bit when the show started focusing on Akko and Diana.
Overall I had to suspend my disbelief a lot for this show and there’s not a ton of depth but it was enjoyable and it gave me joy. Especially when it emphasized the power of friendship.